Bennetts Car is part of the multi-award winning Right Choice Holdings group of companies. We are one of the largest privately-owned personal lines insurance brokers in the UK and sit proudly in the list of the top 50 UK brokers.
Bennetts is a brand that refuses to stand still and become stagnant, constantly pushing itself so that its customers can get more from motorcycling.
Having celebrated its 90th birthday in 2020, Bennetts has an unrivalled wealth of experience and is one of the UK’s leading motorcycle, classic motorcycle and travel insurance specialists and provides cover for over 200,000 riders.
Approximately 169 Bennetts staff, based in Peterborough and Coventry, help provide competitive quotes for Defaqto 5 Star Rated (2010-2021) insurance cover using a large panel of leading underwriters to offer a wide variety of schemes.
Bennetts further sets itself apart from the competition with its unique membership proposition – BikeSocial. Free to riders who insure direct through Bennetts or available as a 12-month subscription, this motorcycling club provides access to amazing benefits, such as incredible discounts on motorcycling kit, accessories, rider training and track days, along with chance to win exclusive prizes and VIP experiences. BikeSocial is also one of the most popular and trusted channels for engaging, entertaining and inspiring motorcycling content. From reviews on new and used bikes, unrivalled product testing, to the latest news, exclusive interviews, features and videos.
Bennetts is also the proud (and longest running) title sponsor of the Bennetts British Superbike championship and a loyal personal sponsor of Isle of Man TT legend, John McGuinness.
- Begins new two-year contract as title sponsor of Bennetts British Superbikes – making it the most dedicated title sponsor in the series’ 25-year history.
- Relaunches the unique Bennetts Rewards programme as BikeSocial membership
- Awarded Defaqto 5-star rating for unrivalled twelfth consecutive year.
- Right Choice Holdings Limited become new owners in May 2021.
- Celebrates 90th birthday
- Awarded Defaqto 5-star rating for eleventh consecutive year.
- Relaunches the unique Bennetts Rewards membership programme with a new website
- Launches new Bennetts Rider Confidence training days
- Peterborough office supports the Gauntlet Auto Project as its chosen charity for the year
- Launches ‘Ride Free’ – giving away 90 CBT courses for FREE!
- Sponsors racing at Oliver’s Mount in Scarborough, creating the ‘Bennetts Super Bridge’
- Gives away a Honda SP-1 as part of an online, direct quote incentive campaign
- Launches Bennetts Travel Insurance
- Peterborough office supports Little Miracles as its chosen charity for the year
- Gives away a Ducati 916 as part of promoting the Classic Insurance product
- Launches Classic Bike insurance
- Becomes title sponsor of the Bennetts British Superbike championship as part of a three-year agreement
- Partners with California Superbike School to offer advanced rider training and track days at a range of UK race circuits throughout 2018.
- Commits to a three-year deal to sponsor the Isle of Man ‘Lightweight TT’ and continue as headline sponsor for the ‘Classic TT presented by Bennetts’
- Continues support for John McGuinness, Rory Skinner and adds Dan Jones and Christian Iddon to its supported racers
- Welcomes Talan Skeels-Piggins to its stable of sponsored riders. The former Paralympian and 2015 600cc World Champion (Paralysed Category) will compete in the Disabled World Cup at the Le Mans round of MotoGP in May.
- Continues headline sponsorship of the official Suzuki BSB team. Hawk Racing will run the team for 2017, contesting aboard the all-new GSX-R1000 with a two-rider line-up of Sylvain Guintoli and Taylor Mackenzie in the Superbike class and Richard Cooper racing in the British Superstock class. Michael Dunlop will head up the team’s campaign on the roads.
- Launches a brand-new website
- Posts record customer numbers, insuring over 200,000 British motorcyclists
- Becomes title sponsor of the official Suzuki British Superbike championship team.
- Bennetts joins forces with Halsall Racing to become the title sponsor of the official Suzuki British Superbike team
- TT legend John McGuinness joins Bennetts as a brand ambassador and wins a memorable Senior TT
- The Bennetts brand is purchased by Saga Group, but continues to be run as an independent company with a new call centre in Coventry and head office in Peterborough
- Bennetts continues sponsorship of Scott Redding as he moves into MotoGP and backs leading youth riders Josh Owens and Rory Skinner, who goes on to win the Aprilia Superteen series
- Bennetts supports the Brough Superior Moto2 machine, with Jeremy McWilliams competing at the British Grand Prix
- Bennetts-backed Scott Redding finishes as runner-up in the Moto2 world championship while Joe Francis wins the British Motostar Championship
- Bennetts launches BikeSocial, a Biking Social Network with free sign-up
- In 2011 Bennetts became sponsor to Moto2 contender Scott Redding
- Bennetts launches Bennetts Live! travelling around the country attending biking events with the Bennetts Babes and a bucking bike
- Bennetts Biker Dreams is launched for a second year running.
- Bennetts announces ‘Insurance partner’ sponsorship of the 2011 Isle of Man TT event
- Bennetts launches Bennetts Free Classifieds, where you can buy and sell bikes for free
- Teenage rider Joe Francis is backed by Bennetts through the Biking Dreams campaign. He goes on to win the Aprilia Superteen Championship
- Bennetts celebrates its 80th Birthday
- In April 2010, Bennetts Biker Dreams was launched. To celebrate Bennetts 80th birthday up to £80,000 of bikers’ dreams were awarded. Ranging from a simple dream of new leathers to the ultimate trip of a lifetime.
- In June 2010 independent brand tracking research identified Bennetts as the UK’s number one brand for motorbike insurance.
- Bennetts Motorcycle Insurance receives Defaqto 5 Star Rating
- Bennetts continues to back MotoGP contender James Toseland in his second year for Tech3 Yamaha
- Bennetts continues its sponsorship of the 2008 British Superbike Championship and World Superbike Championship.
- Bennetts continues personal sponsorship of former World Superbike Champion James Toseland as he moves into the top level of motorcycle racing, MotoGP
- Bennetts launched its biggest motorcycle safety campaign of 2007, ‘Rev for a Reason’. The search was led by former World Superbike Champion James Toseland and renowned conductor and composer Stephen Montague.
- In June 2007, Bennetts becomes official series sponsor of the World Superbike Championship for the remainder of the 2007 championship and for the whole of the 2008 championship.
- Bennetts becomes personal sponsor of former World Superbike Champion James Toseland in July 2007 as he celebrated his second World Superbike title
- Bennetts sponsors TV coverage of the BSB on ITV1 and launches its new ‘be part of it’ TV credits, featuring a competition to find real life riders and bike lovers to star in its next set of TV credits.
- In January 2005, Bennetts signed the biggest sponsorship deal in the history of the brand by becoming title sponsor of the 2005 Bennetts British Superbike Championship.(Bennetts continued its sponsorship of the British Superbike Championship in 2006, 2007 and 2008)
- Insures over 180,000 motorcyclists in the UK.
- Bennetts introduce the Bennetts Babes, a squad of lycra clad ladies who promote the brand at motorcycle events up and down the country.
- The Bennetts brand was given a new identity
- Bennetts became personal sponsor of Neil Hodgson who went on to become the 2003 World Superbike Champion
- Bennetts dominated TV screens through sponsoring bike related programmes on Sky, including Men and Motors, Motors TV, Sky Sports and Moto Plus
- Winner of Insurance Age Award ‘Website of the Year 2001’
- In October 2001, the Bennetts brand was acquired by BGL (formerly the Budget Group of Companies) through its purchase of Dial Direct Insurance Marketing Ltd, a major UK car insurance intermediary.
- Bennetts was the first motorcycle insurance specialist to launch its quote and buy facility online at www.bennetts.co.uk
- Gordon Bennett dies of a brain tumour on 8 December 1999, aged 74.
- Due to demand and changes in the market, G.F. Bennett and Co, advertising as Bennetts, became specialists in motorcycle insurance in the early 1980s and devised a number of schemes for motorcyclists.
- With their previous offices demolished to make way for the building of the Coventry ring road, G.F. Bennetts and Co. move to their new offices in 12 Ironmonger Ro, Coventry.
- With Gordon Frederick Bennett (Frederick’s son) at the helm, the company is renamed G.F. Bennett and Co, and remains based at 49 Queen Victoria Road in Coventry.
- Frederick Bennett dies on the 31st of January, aged 53.
- Founded by Frederick James Bennett in Coventry, F.J. Bennett and Sons provided general insurance services for customers in the West Midlands