Bennetts is part of Lucida Group, which is one of the largest privately-owned insurance brokers in the UK. We are proud to be in the top 50 UK brokers.
Trusted by riders for over 90 years, Bennetts, constantly strives to help customers get more from motorcycling. And more recently, Bennetts are expanding insurance products including car insurance.
Established in 1930, Bennetts has an unrivalled wealth of experience in the industry and is one of the UK’s leading motorcycle, classic motorcycle and travel insurance specialists providing cover for over 200,000 motorcyclists every year. In 2022 we have introduced car insurance as we believes riders make better drivers and want to offer you a high quality car insurance product.
Approximately 186 staff, based in Peterborough and Coventry, provide competitive quotes using a large panel of leading underwriters to offer you a wide variety of schemes. At Bennetts, we continue to ensure customers receive our best price for your insurance needs.
As well as providing riders with 5-star Defaqto-rated insurance cover (2010-2022), customers who come direct to Bennetts for your motorcycle insurance get free access to a BikeSocial membership. A BikeSocial membership is also available to UK motorcyclists who buy motorcycle insurance from price comparison websites and riders who insure with other providers (for £6 a month or £60 a year).
The BikeSocial.co.uk unique platform includes exclusive deals and discounts on kit and accessories, unrivalled access to motorcycling events and VIP customer experiences including Bennetts British Superbike Championship and the Isle of Man TT. With, motorcycling help and advice from the experts, rider training and track days at some of the UK’s top circuits, you have access to a bespoke bike checking and selling service, motorcycling tours and holidays, deals on new and used bikes plus much more, all in one place.
Bennetts prides itself as being at the heart of the British motorcycling community; attending events and backing many charitable organisations while its own editorial platform, BikeSocial, has established itself as one of the leading online sources for trusted news, bike reviews and product tests and has over 100,000 subscribers to its YouTube channel.
Bennetts is very active in supporting and sponsoring of motorcycle championships, race teams, events and individual racers. As title sponsors of the Bennetts British Superbike Championship, the exclusive insurance partner of the Isle of Man TT and sponsors of the Supertwin TT Bennetts customers can enjoy incredible, money-can’t-buy experiences at these events.
Bennetts have supported Isle of Man TT legend John McGuinness since 2015 and support long-distance motorcyclist and author Nick Sanders, BSB and TT Racers Peter Hickman and Lee Johnston, and partners with the Chasin’ the Racin’ podcasters and racers Chrissy Rouse and Dom Herbertson.
Every year, Bennetts supports local charities with fundraising and has been heavily involved with Mental Health Motorbike, The Light Project, and providing The Bike Experience with staffing and venues for events to help injured and disabled people to get back on two wheels in a safe environment.
- Launches Bennetts Car Insurance.
- Expands its motorcycle insurance panel with two new underwriters
- Insurance Sponsors of the Isle of Man TT and Bennetts Supertwin TT
- Awarded Defaqto 5-star rating for unrivalled thirteenth consecutive year
- Partners with the Chasin’ The Racin’ podcast
- Bennetts customers enjoy exclusive go-karting experience racing Bennetts BSB riders
- Peter Hickman joins BikeSocial as a brand ambassador
- Extended title sponsorship of Bennetts British Superbikes with a new, two-year deal – making Bennetts the most dedicated title sponsor in the series’ 25-year history.
- Expanded the unique Bennetts Rewards programme and relaunched as BikeSocialmembership
- Supports, sponsors and fundraises for Mental Health Motorbike as its chosen charity .
- Awarded Defaqto 5-star rating for unrivalled twelfth consecutive year
- Bennetts Motorcycling Services Ltd acquired by Lucida Group
- Celebrates 90th birthday
- Awarded Defaqto 5-star rating for eleventh consecutive year.
- Relaunches the unique Bennetts Rewards membership programme with a new website
- Launches new Bennetts Rider Confidence training days
- Peterborough office supports the Gauntlet Auto Project as its chosen charity for the year
- Launches ‘Ride Free’ – giving away 90 CBT courses for FREE!
- Sponsors racing at Oliver’s Mount in Scarborough, creating the ‘Bennetts Super Bridge’
- Gives away a Honda SP-1 as part of an online, direct quote incentive campaign
- Launches Bennetts Travel Insurance
- Peterborough office supports Little Miracles as its chosen charity for the year
- Gives away a Ducati 916 as part of promoting the Classic Insurance product
- Launches Classic Bike insurance
- Becomes title sponsor of the Bennetts British Superbike championship as part of a three-year agreement
- Partners with California Superbike School to offer advanced rider training and track days at a range of UK race circuits throughout 2018.
- Commits to a three-year deal to sponsor the Isle of Man ‘Lightweight TT’ and continue as headline sponsor for the ‘Classic TT presented by Bennetts’
- Continues support for John McGuinness, Rory Skinner and adds Dan Jones and Christian Iddon to its supported racers
- Welcomes Talan Skeels-Piggins to its stable of sponsored riders. The former Paralympian and 2015 600cc World Champion (Paralysed Category) will compete in the Disabled World Cup at the Le Mans round of MotoGP in May.
- Continues headline sponsorship of the official Suzuki BSB team. Hawk Racing will run the team for 2017, contesting aboard the all-new GSX-R1000 with a two-rider line-up of Sylvain Guintoli and Taylor Mackenzie in the Superbike class and Richard Cooper racing in the British Superstock class. Michael Dunlop will head up the team’s campaign on the roads.
- Launches a brand-new website
- Posts record customer numbers, insuring over 200,000 British motorcyclists
- Becomes title sponsor of the official Suzuki British Superbike championship team.
- Bennetts joins forces with Halsall Racing to become the title sponsor of the official Suzuki British Superbike team
- TT legend John McGuinness joins Bennetts as a brand ambassador and wins a memorable Senior TT
- The Bennetts brand is purchased by Saga Group, but continues to be run as an independent company with a new call centre in Coventry and head office in Peterborough
- Bennetts continues sponsorship of Scott Redding as he moves into MotoGP and backs leading youth riders Josh Owens and Rory Skinner, who goes on to win the Aprilia Superteen series
- Bennetts supports the Brough Superior Moto2 machine, with Jeremy McWilliams competing at the British Grand Prix
- Bennetts-backed Scott Redding finishes as runner-up in the Moto2 world championship while Joe Francis wins the British Motostar Championship
- Bennetts launches BikeSocial, a Biking Social Network with free sign-up
- In 2011 Bennetts became sponsor to Moto2 contender Scott Redding
- Bennetts launches Bennetts Live! travelling around the country attending biking events with the Bennetts Babes and a bucking bike
- Bennetts Biker Dreams is launched for a second year running.
- Bennetts announces ‘Insurance partner’ sponsorship of the 2011 Isle of Man TT event
- Bennetts launches Bennetts Free Classifieds, where you can buy and sell bikes for free
- Teenage rider Joe Francis is backed by Bennetts through the Biking Dreams campaign. He goes on to win the Aprilia Superteen Championship
- Bennetts celebrates its 80th Birthday
- In April 2010, Bennetts Biker Dreams was launched. To celebrate Bennetts 80th birthday up to £80,000 of bikers’ dreams were awarded. Ranging from a simple dream of new leathers to the ultimate trip of a lifetime.
- In June 2010 independent brand tracking research identified Bennetts as the UK’s number one brand for motorbike insurance.
- Bennetts Motorcycle Insurance receives Defaqto 5 Star Rating
- Bennetts continues to back MotoGP contender James Toseland in his second year for Tech3 Yamaha
- Bennetts continues its sponsorship of the 2008 British Superbike Championship and World Superbike Championship.
- Bennetts continues personal sponsorship of former World Superbike Champion James Toseland as he moves into the top level of motorcycle racing, MotoGP
- Bennetts launched its biggest motorcycle safety campaign of 2007, ‘Rev for a Reason’. The search was led by former World Superbike Champion James Toseland and renowned conductor and composer Stephen Montague.
- In June 2007, Bennetts becomes official series sponsor of the World Superbike Championship for the remainder of the 2007 championship and for the whole of the 2008 championship.
- Bennetts becomes personal sponsor of former World Superbike Champion James Toseland in July 2007 as he celebrated his second World Superbike title
- Bennetts sponsors TV coverage of the BSB on ITV1 and launches its new ‘be part of it’ TV credits, featuring a competition to find real life riders and bike lovers to star in its next set of TV credits.
- In January 2005, Bennetts signed the biggest sponsorship deal in the history of the brand by becoming title sponsor of the 2005 Bennetts British Superbike Championship.(Bennetts continued its sponsorship of the British Superbike Championship in 2006, 2007 and 2008)
- Insures over 180,000 motorcyclists in the UK.
- Bennetts introduce the Bennetts Babes, a squad of lycra clad ladies who promote the brand at motorcycle events up and down the country.
- The Bennetts brand was given a new identity
- Bennetts became personal sponsor of Neil Hodgson who went on to become the 2003 World Superbike Champion
- Bennetts dominated TV screens through sponsoring bike related programmes on Sky, including Men and Motors, Motors TV, Sky Sports and Moto Plus
- Winner of Insurance Age Award ‘Website of the Year 2001’
- In October 2001, the Bennetts brand was acquired by BGL (formerly the Budget Group of Companies) through its purchase of Dial Direct Insurance Marketing Ltd, a major UK car insurance intermediary.
- Bennetts was the first motorcycle insurance specialist to launch its quote and buy facility online at www.bennetts.co.uk
- Gordon Bennett dies of a brain tumour on 8 December 1999, aged 74.
- Due to demand and changes in the market, G.F. Bennett and Co, advertising as Bennetts, became specialists in motorcycle insurance in the early 1980s and devised a number of schemes for motorcyclists.
- With their previous offices demolished to make way for the building of the Coventry ring road, G.F. Bennetts and Co. move to their new offices in 12 Ironmonger Ro, Coventry.
- With Gordon Frederick Bennett (Frederick’s son) at the helm, the company is renamed G.F. Bennett and Co, and remains based at 49 Queen Victoria Road in Coventry.
- Frederick Bennett dies on the 31st of January, aged 53.
- Founded by Frederick James Bennett in Coventry, F.J. Bennett and Sons provided general insurance services for customers in the West Midlands